NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you like Crappie, you better make your way to Jordan Lake. I slipped off work to drown some minnows with Art Ingalls a new member of FAAN, today. We arrived at around 9:30 this morning with a full compliment of minnows and headed to the S curves . Where we decided to fish on the bottom. The water temp in the main lake was around 54 degrees and with a few more warm days will drive the Crappie into full spawn mode. Fishing the S curves only produced a couple of fish for us.

After a couple of hours, I decided to move to the 64 bridge where we began to mark fish. We fished by dropping a minnow straight to the bottom , then reeling up three cranks on the reel. We found the majority of fish located on the south side of the bridge on the fishfinder. We drifted the south side picking up several fish with the largest around 14". These are obviosly healthy fish as they thick and bursting with eggs.

I decided to chance the shallow water before we left are found water temps in the back a couple of coves at 60 degrees. Well within spawning temps. I decided to try a slip float with a minnow set at 3 ft and promptly picked up a bite. The last fish of the day was a nice Black Crappie from shallow before we called it a day.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Nice scouting there bud!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Man, sure wish I could have snuck away for the day with ya. But with spring workouts starting it's gonna be a crap shoot taking off work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.