NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am writing to find out who all is planning on attending the Jacksonville (FL) Kayak Fishing Classic scheduled for May 3rd, 2008? I saw in erayyak's thread about "First Outing" that he was going, and am planning on attending as well (though I am late to register).

Anyway, I will driving down from Swansboro, NC, and was curious as to whether or not there might be any other's traveling that way that may want to meet up/share a ride down.

Entry fee (if registering late like myself) is $90. Prize packages are looking tempting, though.

Check out the following link and let me know.

Kayak Fishing Classic Tournament in Jacksonville Florida

Thanks, Nook.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I'd hoped to do some more out-of-town tourneys this year, but it doesn't look likely, at least not early in the season. I'm hoping to make TKAA in September.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lefty, I am pushing my luck with this one a little bit. But, I really wanted to get down to this one and put some tournament time in.

I am actually going to see my folks in Elon both this and next weekend, and may be hitting the Haw on the 19th. Think you might be around and up for getting together out there? Let me know.

(Not trying to change the topics/discussion to my own thread...)

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Actually I'm planning to take my boy camping on the 18th/19th. We've got our eyes on catching the sunrise from Hammocks Beach, tentatively...

I was talking to Kelley about getting his new yak wet -- Friday evening (11th) and Saturday afternoon are possibilities... I guess I'll start a thread over in the Connections forum (so you can get your thread back on track)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Must not have seen the Connections Forum, but will look for it. Timing is off...I have been trying to get out to HBSP and just not made it yet. I'll look for your posting though.

·
Registered
608 Posts
This will be my fifth year fishing the event (there have only been 5). It is a great time, Mike Kogan who runs it is a good friend and does an excellent job. Having run my own event series, it is amazing how he manages this big of an event. Expectations are for over 300 kayak anglers. He has tons of prizes, and many kayaks to be won. He does all sorts of other things in connection with it, as well as supporting a local charity.

So a good time, not too late to register, but cost you more now than before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.