NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks I pretty much like to fish for bass.I will be in North Carolina in the last part of april on lake wylie.For the TBF tourament I would Like to what is the bait to use.:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Welcome jbaits. I'd say don't be a stranger, but you're coming all the way from Idaho, so I don't guess we'll see you very often. That's quite a drive...

I've never fished Wylie - not sure about water clarity or how its fared in this year's drought. Late April should be in the first half of the spawn in a normal spring. Ought to be able to find more pre-spawn and spawning fish at that time than post-spawn. Seems like it should set up for some pretty big weights, but Wylie is a highly pressured lake in a high-population area, so it might not give up its bounty so easily:).

Patterns should be typical for the season - flipping plastics shallow, crankbaits/slow rolled spinners in staging areas. Don't know if there's a "secret" local bait or color, and if anybody does I doubt they'd share...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.