NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this? I am seeing that there is following starting around this. I was considering this option over a boat since it's smaller but still powered. I know you get wet on it but it looks pretty interesting ot me. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Done it before, thinking about rekindling the notion :)

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I saw a guy on Jordan lake a few weeks back that had a ski rigged in a similar fashion Brians but had a trolling motor on the back. Who knows, 10 years from now everyone might do it. Didnt see alot of kayak fishermen up until about the last 5 years, and now it seems they are everywhere.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I saw a guy on Falls with an old Jetski hull with a trolling motor over on the Beaverdam area ( no gas allowed) He was nailing the Crappie and perch! I have to admit it got me thinking.. He had his batteries, tackle, etc under the seat where the motor used to be.. He said he had $250 in the hole rig because the batteries were new...

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I saw another fishing jetski in someones yard this morning on the way to High Rock.

·
Registered
536 Posts
This thread came at a perfect time! I saw a guy last week on falls lake as well with a regular jet ski, had a rod holder out the back and he stored noodles under the hood. It got me to thinking, are there any fishing jet ski's, like fishing kayaks? One's with like multiple rod holders, storage areas for tackle, maybe even a small live well??? Seeing him on that jet ski has given me a whole new idea on how to pursue fish on the water. Was thinking of upgrading my kayak, but now........

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
I thin jetskibrian guides in VA. You may want to consider going with him. It would probably set you on fire.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
This thread came at a perfect time! I saw a guy last week on falls lake as well with a regular jet ski, had a rod holder out the back and he stored noodles under the hood. It got me to thinking, are there any fishing jet ski's, like fishing kayaks? One's with like multiple rod holders, storage areas for tackle, maybe even a small live well??? Seeing him on that jet ski has given me a whole new idea on how to pursue fish on the water. Was thinking of upgrading my kayak, but now........

Can of worms is there for the opening. Wonder which company will be the first if ever.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
http://www.strongoutdoors.com/ and several other companies popping up with accesories, but I would bet if a production model comes out it will sell!!

·
Red X Angler
3,749 Posts
When this debacle in Iraq pushes the gas prices up again, you may see a few more Jetski rigs coming out. They are fuel efficient compared to larger boats.

Run a search and read like every post JetSkiBrian has made and you will become knowledgeable... just don't try to read them all in one night. The photography alone is worth reading them, too.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
When this debacle in Iraq pushes the gas prices up again, you may see a few more Jetski rigs coming out. They are fuel efficient compared to larger boats.
Sometimes, but I have seen comparisons go both ways. A small skiff barely on plane with a small outboard is the gas sipping champ, but you have a lower range because of the lower speed and you may not spend as much time fishing since it takes you longer to get between spots. Jet skis tend to get under 10 MPG and at high speed it is under 5. But the jet ski is a match for almost any type of water in the right hands and can run from trouble. They are not cheap; even if you could make a justification based on fuel it would take some time to offset the purchase price.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
for gas milage you cant beat an aluminum jonboat and a 4 stroke outboard. (shush kayakers, yeah, yeah, we know.. :) )

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
http://www.strongoutdoors.com/ and several other companies popping up with accesories, but I would bet if a production model comes out it will sell!!
Thank you for the link, got my name on the list for the next batch they get made. Have been trying to figure out how to use my jet ski for fishing without permanent modifications, this is perfect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There was a show on Animal Planet some while back, Off the Hook. Professional wrestler went on all kinds of off the wall trips. One was offshore Jet Ski fishing. Found a picture of the rig.

Looks like fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
I think that trip was made with jetski brian. I watched it. It was great, but wished there had been more jet ski brian on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts