NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about doing some surf fishing while I am at Wrightsville Beach jetty and was wondering if it was a decent spot or not or should I try somewhere else. Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am thinking about doing some surf fishing while I am at Wrightsville Beach jetty and was wondering if it was a decent spot or not or should I try somewhere else. Thanks
i always like to try there. I will wade out next to the wall and cast over to inlet side tossing a jig/soft plastic, popping cork or mirrolure has worked for me sometimes. A bottom rig can find black drum and similar surf fish too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We fished from the Blockade runner to the jetty and fishing was slow. We caught some fish but it was just slow. I never really saw anyone catching a lot of fish. We would stop and fish a spot and catch 2 or 3 then nothing, we would move and then get 3 or 4 hits , catching 1 or 2 at each stop. It seemed to be what everyone else was doing too. Fish a little bit and then move. We had a good time even though the fish would not cooperate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.