NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can remember going with my dad back in the 80’s during hot summer.Putting in at out fall canal doing a 18 minute run 180 degrees on compass and jigging with sting silver and catching lots of nice trout. I haven’t done this since . Is anyone still doing this ,that was lots of fun. Chime in

·
Registered
49 Posts
That was probably gray trout. If you can find them, can't keep but one. Not worth the trip. Just saying.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You could catch the occasional gray trout but those were mostly specks. I remember all too well jigging the deep holes in the Pamlico during the summer and filling coolers with nice 20-25 inch specks. Those days are gone, unfortunately. The trout are still there albeit not as plentiful and of course now there are limits so filling a cooler takes four fishing...but hey, those were the good old days!

You can still keep up to one gray trout > 12" now...kind of like stripers except one gray trout isn't going to feed the family!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could catch the occasional gray trout but those were mostly specks. I remember all too well jigging the deep holes in the Pamlico during the summer and filling coolers with nice 20-25 inch specks. Those days are gone, unfortunately. The trout are still there albeit not as plentiful and of course now there are limits so filling a cooler takes four fishing...but hey, those were the good old days!

You can still keep up to one gray trout > 12" now...kind of like stripers except one gray trout isn't going to feed the family!
Yeah it was speckled trout .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts