NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you guys who like to chunk hard plastic's. need to get some of these. the blue backed one looks excatly like a blue fish. you need at least a mh-heavy action rod these things are big think great striper baits.

zooker

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
OOPS! You just let the tackle monkey out of his cage again! I here they catch some pretty nice sea trout too. You need to get RED BIRD to make some pumpkinseed gummy worms. Rootbeer, cotton candy, grape, vanilla, granny smith, strawberry,blackberry, raspberry, lime, lemon, blueberry, pineapple, watermelon and maybe a few other flavors would be good also. And how about gummie fish?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sinker am a stock holder not a manafacturer they make what they want. pumkin seed ? yuk!!!! almost as nasty as lime..

zooker

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
You don't like pumpkin pie? But actually I think real lime would have a limited audience. Iwas thinking something on the order of a chunky 4' mann's jelly worm that was flavored according to name / color....edible by fish and fisherman. The guys that fish for carp for $ will put just about anything in their bait to make it different. I'll post a true story that happened to a friend of mine in fish tales to further illustrate the point. A stock holder might become a well compensated consultant if the idea took off! By the way one of the top producing spanish mackeral lures is a piece of MC Donald's straw. They are pearl white with a red and yellow stripe. There is another color.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep salt water has 1 size larger ss hooks and does not have the truly pitaful hand tie feather..

zooker

·
Registered
574 Posts
I've been using the fw in clown color at crabtree. No luck, but there is a lot of leaf/limb debris and the x-rap picks up everything.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
I believe the sw version not only has larger hooks but uses a 4X strength hook. I have some freshwater baits I use in saltwater but I always change the hooks to stronger ones first - those saltwater critters tend to be very toothy and strong.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just remind your self not to lip them most salt water beast have teeth..

zooker

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.