NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a jon boat and trolling motor, we have a bass fishing trail for you. The Jon Boat Bass Club of NC begins its fifth season in February 2015. Electric motors or paddling anglers only. Fish alone or as a team. Last season, the average tourney paid out over $1000 and the championship paid out over $5,500. We fish Lake Mackintosh, Lake Michie, Holt Reservoir, Hyco, and several more. Find us on Facebook. JON BOAT BASS CLUB OF NC.
Tight lines!

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Neat idea.... I need to unload some of my junk around here and buy a Jon. I think the same thing in a coastal format would be fun too!!

Reactions: dbeam

·
Red X Angler
3,799 Posts
Livewell or picture-release format?

Just curious how you do your scoring. I don't do Facebook.

Reactions: dbeam

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
so this is open to any non gas craft> Kayak canoe jon etc?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If anyone wants to hear more, we are having our last pre-season meeting of the year tomorrow, Jan. 27th, at the Rally Point Sport Grill in Cary. It is directly beside the Bass Pro Shop. 7:00PM.

If you can come, we'd love to meet you and answer any questions you have.

Season begins February 7th at Hyco Lake.

Thanks.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
I cant make the drive but I will be at HYCO the 7th!

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
I just wanted to add after attending the first tourney, this is a real class act. Nice folks. If you've ever considered doing something like this this is the time! Get in now while there is still plenty of fishing left before the end. I saw guys in everything from Bass Trackers to little 10ft Pond Prowlers and Pelican boats. So if it floats and you can rig up a live well to hold 5 fish alive jump in!!

Reactions: lewisfishing

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
I am a new member this season. I only fished part of it to learn what I needed to be better set up for next year. GREAT bunch of guys and gals so do not hesitate to join!! https://www.facebook.com/Jon-Boat-Bass-Club-of-NC-166643436779137/timeline/ this will get you started. This club is electric power only, so NO gas motors, if you have one on your boat prop must be removed. They are starting to work on some 20hp and under tourneys as well in the piedmont area but I will have to let you get all that info from them.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Most clubs are about done with their seasons by now. I will let you know of any open tournaments this fall and winter.

There is one at Mackintosh October the 4th.
Should be some at Harris this winter.

The JBBC will be a good bunch to fish with.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
This year our JBBC tourneys were on some Saturdays and some Sundays. About one a month- 6 weeks. One night tourney, one camping weekend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.