NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about starting a jon boat fishing club here in WNC, if anybody is interested let me know. It will be for members with jon boats of all types. Boat mods, tournaments, cookouts, gatherings and things like that. Just let me know..Drop me an email at [email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I would do this because there are some of use out there that have a 600 dollar Jon boat and not that 16,000 dollar bass boat. So why not have a NC Fishing club that will cater to people jon boats...doing modifications to them...fishing in tournaments...and for people to get together and talk about fishing and jon boats.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 16ft v-hull naden that was made back in 1969 and it gets the job done I have a 40hp johnson on it and I love it..it's not fast but I can get into places where big bass boats can't :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sorry Erk, I did not meen to irk you with that one. I thought it sounded kind of cool and was in the spirit of your intent with the idea. If I lived in the Western part of the state and was fortunate enough to own a Jon Boat I would be all about it.

Unfortunately I am on the East Coast and stuck with a float tube that I cannot use because I am affraid of the Alligators.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My fault..I just have been getting alot of static from people because of this club, some people just don't know what jon boats are. I will be traveling all over NC for Tournaments next year with my boat so maybe next year..I will do that.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Erk, I cannot understand why someone would give you a hard time for starting a jon boat club. Is it like tournament fishermen you are competing with? I could see the $10,000 and above bass boat guys being little female dogs because you do not admire them and their investment in coolness, being content with your jon boats and all.

As of right now I am an aspiring jon boat owner. That's really all the boat that I need. Two things I like about fishing is that its a cheap hobby and the simplicity is an escape from today's high tech world.

Good luck with your club, I hope you will keep us posted on how it works out.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Just to show people there really are such things as jon boat clubs. This club is more Raleigh area, but seems similar to what you are trying to set up. Not a member, but I remember having a lot of fun in my old Walker Bay 10 with an electric motor. Never got far back then, but got to know my areas real well.

http://www.thejbfc.com/

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi, if you need any help with your new club, let me know.
By the way, I'm Sterling from The JBFC.

I see you are affliated with the Bass Jons, we've been trying to get together with those guys, as well as some Jon Boat guys from Georgia. There's another Jon Boat club relatively close to here as well, but far enough away that we've never fished the same area. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
One or two Jon boat clubs in the Triangle area. They draw a decent number of boats and those boys can hold their own against anyone out there.

Some good ole boy engineering goes into those rigs too.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
It's been my experience that some of the best fishermen there are ride shotgun in bassboats in team tournaments or drive jon-boats 24-7 and catch fish like nobody's business.......:cool:

what was Hertz's motto....we're number two so we try harder????:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.