NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the new-to-me boat out for the first time this weekend. Before I even get the motor started the screws that hold the seat bracket pull out of the aluminum seat. I'm looking to get one of the brackets shown in the pic. Does anyone have any experience with this bracket or any other brackets out there? It's a sliding bracket which should be really good for me and my tiller steer.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
It appears to be similiar to the sliding brackets that I have on my boat. I like them because as you know you can move them to side to operate the motor. Also, mine will tilt all the way forward so you can easily slide the seats out of the brackets for easy removal.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
yes i have used them in my old jon boat. you will need a swivel you bolt to the base than screw the swivel into the seat.. i got mine at bass pro but west marine should have them..

zooker

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called westmarine and overtons this afternoon. Overtons in Raleigh said they had them but WM said they did not. If anyone picks any up soon please post up. I won't be able to get to Raleigh in the next week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK got-r-done last weekend. Overton's in Raleigh did not have them. West Marine also did not have them. I ordered them from West Marine and they shipped them to my house instead of the store which meant I didn't pay shipping. Cost me $35 each. They came with the sliders, sliding bracket, swivel and mounting nuts, bolts, screws and washers.
Here's pics of how they came out. I bought two of them so I could mount one on the front seat for my son. I didn't look before I ordered and his seat has a lip and the sliding bracket would not work on his seat. I almost took one of the back and then I decided to just mount both on the rear. Install was simple and easy. I went to the hardware store and picked up some lower profile nuts and bolts to mount the swivel to the sliding bracket. I had some clearance problems with the stock hardware. I stripped two of the Phillips heads out with the electric screwdriver so I recommend using the manual method and some elbow grease. I tried to line up the two brackets as best I could but it's not perfect. As a result I get a click when I go from one slider to the other. No big deal. Even with a little grease I can't slide when I am sitting in the seat. That's probably a good thing though. If I lean forward enough to take the weight off then it's no trouble to slide.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Once you get a little wear on it it will loosen up a tad... Looks good!

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have this type brackets in my jon and also have two sears in the back. Perfect for two skinny adults or 2 kids. It does make it easy to get to the motor tiller handle when at one side.

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.