NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went back to Jordan today and left all my crappie fishing stuff at home, had enough of that yesterday. I had a gut feeling to pick up a spinnerbait this morning so that was the first rod I reached for, 10 minutes later a fat 3.5 lber tried to take that rod from my hands. For the next few hours after that things were pretty slow, I picked up a short fish here and there and lost one or two cranking, lack of wind wasnt helping. About 12 I finally stuck another decent fish about 2.75. I pulled into an area with a few good stumps and started flipping. I flipped into one stump and noticed another smaller stump in front of it I could barely see, as I swam my bait over it, one came sailing out and grabbed it, about a 14". A short time later I watched another one come off a stump and grab on, I swung and missed, he declawed my z-hog. I rigged another and gave that fish a few minutes to regroup as I fished a few other stumps in the area, I came back a few minutes later and hit that stump 6 or 7 times... if he was there, he wouldnt hit it again. Hit another close by stump thinking maybe he moved, a small one hit it and came off 1/2 way to the boat. Pitched in there again, one thumped it and I missed again and he took my plastic. Rigged another bait, pitched it in there from a different angle, he grabbed it took off away from me and I never had a chance to swing. Pitched into the same stump where I missed the first fish and the line moved as I picked up, stuck a 2.75. I spent the rest of the day hitting stumps in other areas without a bite. Called it a day around 3 to get home and watch the race, glad to see my man Harvick win the cup. Ended the day with about 10 fish with 4 solid keepers.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Nice job, Neil! I caught seven today at the little pond behind my house in about thirty minutes! Then it started raining so I packed it in. All between 13-15 inches, caught them on a shallow running pointer in ghost shad I purchased over the weekend at a yard sale. Got it for five bucks, new in the box!! Just fished the deeper end so I wouldn't hang it up..lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.