NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the bridge near ebenzer ramp, water temp was 37 caught 4 keepers and a few dinks. Also caught 4 stripers about 5 inches long maybe a touch bigger. Made me think that maybe the Stripers are coming back around? Was fishing a simple two hook rig with a sinker on the bottom and using minnows. I did have to move around quite a bit before I found where they were holding. Marked tons of fish but I think the cold water was making them pretty lethargic. Tried the other bridge and again marked tons of fish but by that time my 6 year old was curled up in a ball trying to stay warm behind the center console and I thought I better call it a day! lol

I need a trolling motor bad.......

I'm going to brave the cold and hit it again tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry I don't, tomorrow if I get any I will take pics. I looked up pictures of juvenile's when I got home and they looked exactly like what I saw. I noticed the ones I caught had that sort of spike on the gills like a striper has, and the top fin (dorsal I guess) was very tall when extended.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Oh no I don't doubt your claim. I have seen/caught the same year-class of stripers when crappie fishing on jordan. The NCWRC has continued stocking about 70,000 per year since the kill. Based on your description then that sounds right on for a juvenile striper anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.