NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put in this morning at Jordan around 8 with prespawn fat girls on my mind. I ran to my first spot and had a decent fish on in the first 10 minutes on a crankbait, it was about a 4 lber. I ran 4 or 5 more historically good prespawn staging spots. I had one on for a few seconds that felt pretty good but it pulled off, for the most part it didnt seem to be happening, I came to the conclusion that the water was a little warmer than when those places usually produce. So I whipped up a plan B... a few warm days and rising water might mean a bush flipping bite. I spent about and hour in an area I know produces and spent another hour or two trying some bushes I have never fished in the spring, no bites, no signs of life. It was now around 3:30, and I had only caught one... I wasnt satisfied with that so I kept at it. Knowing that the water temps were a few degrees shy of when the spawners start to appear, I ran to a cove I know usually has alot of beds in it, started at the front and thoroughly fished it front to back. When I got to the back, I flipped into some cover, felt a thump, swung but didnt stick him. I also saw several cruisers under 3 lbs and tried to get them to play, they didnt. I took what I just learned and went into another bedding pocket. Right when I was about ready to call it a day I flipped to a laydown, it thumped and I thumped back... 3 lber. Went down the bank a few yards and caught a 2.75 off of wood. Fast forward to another couple trees and stick a 6 lber about to pop, missed one more a few minutes later and quit after that. Just goes to show, never give up, my mediocre day turned into a good day at the last minute.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont usually fish during the week but if I have a short day this week I might go look for big girls. Probably be on Kerr the next 3 weeks, by the time I get back they will probably be full out on the beds at Jordan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.