NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Jordan today from 8 to 6, the wind was blowing and the lake was rolling, dang cold front messing everything up:D, shoulda stayed home. I started out running a few different places that have produced big fish in the past. I caught a 15" on a crankbait at the first stop. After about 2 hours I wasnt getting bit cranking so I went back to the shallow flipping pattern I got on last week. I flipped into a laydown, shook it a few times and it felt heavy so I swung, I felt alot of weight, it was moving and it stayed down, I was sure it was a big girl... it was, just the wrong species... I hate mudfish. I stuck with the shallow flipping deal and got bit pretty good and also threw a crankbait on some secondary points to pick up a few. I ended up putting 12 fish in the boat and missed quite a few too, probably too many. Had a few charge the boat I couldnt catch up with, a few more that I swung on, rod loaded up and line swam but the hook didnt get them. Most of the fish I caught were in 1-3ft of water and ranged from 14" to 4 lbs, my best 5 would have been in the 16-17 lb range, never did get a big bite. It was an enjoyable day on the water.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Nice job getting some fish to the boat. I hate fishing in a hard wind more than just about anything, so I have a lot of respect for you guys that get it done anyway. I had to work this weekend (I'm at work right now) so I didn't have to wrestle with the decision of whether to fish or not... I didn't have the option. Next weekend, however.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I flipped a Zoom Z-Craw, Z-Hog Jr. and Daves King Sling jig.

Jerry, I figured out theres always fish to be caught, just have to find them and make them bite

Sam, Id rather have wind than none... guess thats the difference between a plug chunker and a worm dragger:). Theres always somewhere to get out of the wind and alot of times it can make the fish more predictable, some patterns and places I fish are wind dependent... no wind, no fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.