NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went out on the new canoe yesterday (Sunday) between 12-4.. We just rolled around with spinnerbaits, plastic worms, and crankbaits. Got some small bites on the plastic worms off the 64 bridge, but to no avail. However, there were lots of carp flipping through the water - too bad we didn't carry any corn. We saw no bass on beds since the water levels was so high. Also, we lost a lure and snagged a couple drop-shot sinkers when in the brushes. The water was cold, deep, and it was mighty crap weather for fishing. However, it was pretty fun paddling all in all.

Going to head out this weekend if weather permits. Any suggestions are welcome!

Good luck everyone else!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
swap the hooks out for light wire hooks. Then if a hook hangs, steady pressure will often bend it.....

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
If you ain't getting hung up you're not fishing.
Y'know, I took a lot of encouragement the first time I heard that. Catching sticks is a part of the game, because the fish hang out where the sticks are.

ILike, the pain you feel is one of the reasons I'm fond of spinnerbaits. They don't tend to hang up quite as easily, as long as you can keep 'em from settling all the way to the bottom.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hehe, I'll try to go with spinnerbaits. They're **** expensive though... which is why I haven't caught anything on those cheap $1 Wal-Mart spinners. I use them like I do with crankbaits, which is probably wrong.
Anyway, I've always been afraid of throwing into bushes and fallen branches, but I will give them a try the next time we're out.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Rig up a worm carolina rig weedless style or throw a scum frog on top. I almost ate a crank bait that came free and passed within an inch of my nose once. Needless to say Im very careful when pulling a swnag anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.