NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the nephew to Jordan this morning. Last week the big girls was all up ready to get it on. This week the bucks were acting a fool. Caught all males today. Nothing worth taking a picture of. The bucks were slapping at the spinnerbait, caught some in the side of the head and back, but had bunches of them just knock the fool out of it and not get a hook in them.
Got 5 in the boat, 3 fell off swinging them in and 3 or 4 just come off on the way to the boat. Still nothing of any size.

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
Someday I'll get out and fish Jordan. Thanks for the report!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will like Jordan. Can be a mean place to figure out.

Neilslure might not have this problem, but the fish move up then move out, then up, then over there, and sometimes it feels like I don't have a clue where a doggone fish is at. Already happened to me once this year!!! That is why so many people hate that lake, because if you doing this and the fish is doing that, you ain't going to get bit!!!!

But it is a good feeling when it works out :).

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
You will like Jordan. Can be a mean place to figure out.

Neilslure might not have this problem, but the fish move up then move out, then up, then over there, and sometimes it feels like I don't have a clue where a doggone fish is at. Already happened to me once this year!!! That is why so many people hate that lake, because if you doing this and the fish is doing that, you ain't going to get bit!!!!
I guess Jordan just suits my fishing style... 10 rods on the deck and trolling motor on high:), if that doesnt work, run a couple miles and try again. I usually got a good idea where to go based on history, time of year, water temp and weather conditions. Jordan still reminds me from time to time that it can beat me though. I have had some days where I struggle for one or two bites and then "see the light" late in the day, or do something crazy to stumble on to them. Alot of guys (especially Harris lovers) hate Jordan. It is pretty much where I cut my teeth on reservoir fishing so apparently I learned the hard way (the best way IMO).

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never real deep, you can always catch fish 10' or less. I think 20' is super deep at Jordan.

Clarker2000, you just missed your fish. I was catching them in the back of Bush Creek to the left back in the willows the week before your tourney. The big ones were thick back there but they moved.

About March 25th they started dropping the water level at Jordan for some reason. It only dropped a foot but I guess fish in inches of water that foot seemed like a mile. I think they bedded and got the heck out of there. There were beds back in there but I guess they were dry by the time you got there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.