NC Angler Forums banner

Jordan 5-14,15-07

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  backlash 
#1 ·
On advice from a friend I headed to Jordan on Monday evening with about 13 dozen minnows. Got set up and fishing by 11:00pm and started catching fish immediately. Ended up catching about 150 fish!! Mostly crappie, but had some white bass, white perch, and catfish mixed in too. About 4:30am we put all that away and started catching shad for some striper fishing. Took the fish and rods and tackle for crappie and put them in the truck and headed out for stripers. Fished till about 11:30 and only caught one, but it was a nice one. 30" and 10+lbs. Had one other hit, but it didn't hook up. Very pleased with the outing especially since we were in an area of water we had never been on before. Ended up with 25 keeper crappie, 1 cat, and 1 striper.
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

See less See more
#3 ·
Yea, he was one tired pup. As soon as we got all the striper rods set he fell asleep for a couple hours. This is the first time he's ever fell asleep while we were outdoors doing something, but it was also his first all-nighter too. I've taken grown-ups that can't hang near as well as he does.
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

#6 ·
Yeah, that was us NCangler. We caught ours right after you guys lost that one coming up to that point. I emailed Snyper and was wondering if by chance ya'll filmed ours coming in at all. If ya did, I would love to get a copy. Did you guys put any more in the boat after we left? Snyper must be good luck for me. This past winter we were trolling along and caught one just as he was coming by un on another part of the lake;) It was a little windy, but a good day on the lake.
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

#7 ·
We only boated two that morning but Troy and I are going out again in a couple weeks to film some more. I wish we'd caught yours on tape (it was a nice fish!) but we had a wide angle lens on the camera at the time and could not change lenses quickly enough to pick it up. It would have been a great shot. :)

#9 ·
Great trip. The kid brings back good memories for me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.