NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are Blue Catfish in either Jordan or Shearon Harris Res? I am located just south of Sanford and am very close to both. I have fished S.H. and only caught Bullheads. There are some nice bream and I caught my limit of crappie last weekend but I am really a catfisherman. How about the Cape Fear River right there, do they catch any big Flatheads out of that stretch of the river? Kind of new here and am trying to narrow my searches. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Below lock 3 on Cape Fear used to be good. dont know about now though. Went twice last year down there and could't get a bite. They were wearing it out electrocuting though! Dont know if that messed it up or what. but they do have some good blues and flatheads there. Another good place is Badin or Tillery good blues.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
:DThere are plenty of giant cats to be caught on the Hwy 42 bridge boat ramp. Head up towards the dam of Jordan lake and the cats are all over the place, or either head down river to the dam that runs across it.

I have seen a lot of people fish the race, the bottom side of the dam and load up with nice cats. :cool: That river section is full of bass, stripers, bream and crappie. Head up towards the fork in the river and you will see a rock wall and then a building built on the river. There at the building you can cast beetle spins or jigs next to the intake of the building and catch loads of crappie.:eek:

Take the left fork and right about the bridge you go under there is a pumping station that pumps water and lets the out flow come out a cut channel there. This is a great place when they are pumping water and it is swirrling out, the stripers love it and will gang up in there, cast crank baits, rebels into the water up to the wall and hang on.:p

I use to go to this section and spend the weekend camping and fishing.

Tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.