NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've fished Jordan a few times this fall and have done pretty well in several different places. Fished Sunday from 8 to 11, caught in the neaighborhood of 80 and kept our limit of 40. We had 3 fish over 14 inches with one just barely missing the 15 inch mark. The rest were solid 11-13 inch fish. The bigger fish were suspended about 18-22 ft deep. The board in the picture is 16 x 22 for comparison.

Headed back to Jordan first thing this morning........along with everyone else it seemed. I was on the water by 7, fishing by 7:30 and on the way to the ramp at 9:30 with a limit of nice fish. The overall size was down just a little from yesterday but still managed one over 14". I was surprized how much the fish had moved overnight as far as the depth the bigger fish were holding at and the amount they moved during the short time I was there this morning.

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
That's a mess of nice crappie!

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Wait til we get a 70 degree day in mid January and you wont be able to get through the no wake zone. I got fussed at by some guys in a Lund multispecies boat once just for idling through the boats trying to go under the bridge.

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
Wait til we get a 70 degree day in mid January and you wont be able to get through the no wake zone. I got fussed at by some guys in a Lund multispecies boat once just for idling through the boats trying to go under the bridge.
I wonder what they expected you to do. :confused:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Likewise CrappieTuttle...Nice meeting you also. And congradulations...You're the first person that's managed to photogragh me on the water! I normally try to stay out of site-out of mind. Now that the crowd has showed up, I'll be avoiding that area completely and catching fish elsewhere on the lake. Despite what many beleive, there's actually better places on the lake to crappie fish this time of year, and now that everyone is in the same spot, my secret holes will remain a secret..lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
I should bite the bullet more when I go and try to find more places, but with a 2 hr drive I want to try to catch some fish to take home , because most of the time I've got a new fisherman with me or new to that lake, I would rather tite line when I go so that day I was out of my comfort zone, Otha's why I took us so long to get started catching fish.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Nice looking fish there BR. I saw where they were on fire on Jordan the past few weeks. We hit Ebeneezer a couple weeks ago and did fine for a 1/2 day. I need to get out there and find some other winter haunts on Jordan. We usually stick with 64 only cause we always catch fish there. The "armada" does get to be a pain sometimes, but it is hilarious when my kids are steady reeling in fish and other boats aren't catching a thing. LOL Hope to see ya out there soon.
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
Looked like a slower day out there today, but outstanding weather. Saw slow crappie action while I was out there from about 1-4pm. At least a dozen boats in the vicinity of the 64 bridge through the mid-day. They were covering both sides of the deeper pilings and some drifting around on both entries. I heard "nearing a limit" from one boat and 15 from another.

I guess I was after more aggressive predators... Pulled up about 40 like this one on a little BassPro XPS freestyle jig:
Water Vertebrate Boat Fish Fisherman

Everybody else out there was cussing them, but I was glad to have some company on the artificials. Not a sniff on gulp and powerbait minnows.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice looking fish there BR. I saw where they were on fire on Jordan the past few weeks. We hit Ebeneezer a couple weeks ago and did fine for a 1/2 day. I need to get out there and find some other winter haunts on Jordan. We usually stick with 64 only cause we always catch fish there. The "armada" does get to be a pain sometimes, but it is hilarious when my kids are steady reeling in fish and other boats aren't catching a thing. LOL Hope to see ya out there soon.
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!
Mike, I've noticed a lot of boats there this year that aren't catching. We've been fortunate enough to have limits every trip although I've only kept fish twice this fall. We should cross paths this winter as I plan to stay local until spring. I'm going to do some searching in the next few weeks and check out a few of my old favorite winter spots....I'll let you know what I find.....and share some coordinates. You already know the way to one of those spots though and it's about time!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.