NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took us a few hours to find the crapie but we got into them pretty strong today. Caught about 40-50 in an hour once we decided to move out deeper and fish semi-spider rigs. (just use my rod holders for striper fishing and 6 spin rods). Slow trolled jigs of varios colors at .5 -1 mph on the gps. .65-.8 mph produced the fish with most jigs cast to a normal cast distance and let fall into the troll. Hits consistantly when we crossed the creek bed. Water depth was 8.5 - 9.5', if we hit 11, it was slow. Tried shallow firsts, so once we found fish, we stayed deeper than 8'.

I kept about 8 nice fish for supper and the rest are waiting for you to find....

Good luck and take a kid fishing to the back of a cove to get them hooked while the crappie are easy.... I did enjoy seeing a guy with his pre-teen son there today. The boy had the system down pat and was an impressively composed little man, reeling in one after another...

Cuaght some bait at dark, so back to the stripers tomorrow..

tight lines

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great report. I hope to get on down there this weekend. Was wondering if you had caught any really big crappie lately. I had a 17" in the freezer ready to get mounted and the freezer goes out 3 days later. Really want to get another wallhanger. Can't find the big ones up here in Greensboro. Are the 15"+ fish still in there? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Glad to see you found the fish deadriver and had a good day on the lake. Grandpaa caught some stripers at the farrington bridge (FYI). Skinnywaterstalker Ive caught some over 15" so far this year and Ive heard of some fish over 2 lbs. so I would say Jordan is as good as its been in past years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.