NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
29 Dec 07 - Again I was fishing with Jeffery Thomas but today we didn't want to deal with all the duck hunters at Harris Lake, so we headed to Jordan lake...It was a perfect day today...62 degrees when we took off and water was around 54 in some places...

Tried a bunch of areas with Jeffrey throwing crankbaits and I was throwing a 8" swimbait...around 8ish or so Jeff got his first crank fish, 2lber...then our second run on the same area...I cast up to the bank...and I'm working my swimbait back in about 8ft of water and I see a donkey coming straight up...easy 6 -7lber and it crushes the baits...but since I saw it coming and like always I set to early...the bait was about 2 or 3 inches under the water when it hit...so it hit it like a topwater bait...so I needed to wait for the fish to turn...but I didn't...But it was still a cool experience and I did get it on video...

Around 11, we headed to some areas that we already had fished...Jeffrey makes a cast up to the bank and about halfway back he gets slammed...my headcam was rolling and after a few minutes he has it in the boat...a 11.2lb bass...short and fat...about 30 mintues later he sticks a solid 5lber...

The rest of the day we covered alot of water...and he ended up with about 7 fish and I ended up with my one miss but thats all I needed to see...

There were crappie fisherman everywere but they were sticking fish...nothing big but it seemed like alot...

We got off the water around 3ish...

Now Jordan Lake seems like a perfect lake for swimbaits all year...I going to try to get back in March or April to really go after them with swimbaits...Jordan Lake is now my favorite east coast lake...

One last thing...most of us think we are pretty good sticks but when you watch a pro do his thing...its amazing...I have a lot to learn...

See you on the water
D.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As for the video I hope to have it up by this friday...I have it downloaded and have watched it but I'm headed back to California on the 1st so I hope to have it up by this friday if not sooner...

And as for the headcam, what do you mean by which?

Thanks again for all the help...
D.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
And as for the headcam, what do you mean by which?
Which model?

Oregon Scientific's ATC-2K seems to be the most popular "consumer grade" camera -- say in the $200 and under range. The next step up seems to be to pay $200 to $500 for just the camera, and to add a video recorder and battery pack, and then in the yak-fishing industry, to waterproof the whole shootin' match... But you get awful good video...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, as for my set up...I have used three different companies but the best one for ease of use, customer service, etc...Is archos...I have the 604...

Heres the list I use:
Archos 604 DVR
8 batteries
DVR Docking station
Headcam

The video is recorded in DVD quality but when it goes on the internet I have to lower the quality...

The 604 is 30GB, you can connect to the internet, download videos to it, music, photos, etc...

I just bought a 704wfi for my buddy that hunts birds...

Anyway, thanks for all the help
See you on the water
D.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
cool -- you've got one of the serious setups. I look forward to seeing your work. I was real excited about the ATC-2K for a while, but then I realized that I'd most likely be turning my head way too much to get a stable picture...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any setup is better than none...As for the head turning it gets better with time...My early videos I just forget and the video would be all over the place...

I just watched the owl trying to take my bait video ifrom last weekend, classic...

Anyway good luck to you

D.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Good fishing. I wonder how some of those nice swimbaits would do for Redfish! I bet they would slam a mullet, or trout look a like.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Here's the video from Jordan lake.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBpOr8YNQR4"]YouTube - 29 Dec 07 - Fishing with FLW Pro Jeffery Thomas[/ame]

Oakview - feel free to link directly to the YouTube video as long as the content is in line with our family friendly policy and not a blatant commercial.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.