NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Jordan yesterday afternoon. Fished for a few hours and couldn't buy a bite. Bass were chasing bait up to the top, saw large splashes everywhere. They were coming clear out of the water sometimes. Tried spinner baits, crank baits, red eye shad, buzz baits, chug a bug, chatter, worms...I can't even remember what else. They weren't interested. From what I could see, other people were stuck trying to figure them out too.

Anyone have any suggestions for bass when they're getting on baitfish like this?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Small shallow running square bill and if you're not opposed to them, an alabama rig will crush busting fish. Might even get a double. Try burning that red eye real fast also.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Are you positive that what you were seeing were bass? The carp are very active right now as they are starting to spawn, they often jump for no reason and during the spawn will tear the banks up in big schools.

As far as catching bass busting shad, I like to throw a spook or pop-r at them, the sooner you get it where they are busting the better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There were definitely bass...most of what we saw was either bass or bait fish busting out of the water from something chasing it. I do believe we saw a few carp too because there were 1 or 2 large fish jumping that were too brown to be a bass. Didn't figure they were carp at the time bc I've never heard of them jumping like that.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Pop-R or Splash-It. They will hit it for sure when schooling and chasing bait. Throw it past them and work it "fast and furious". Oh yeah, hold on!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts