NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's my spring break this week so my sister and I went out to Jordan Lake to go after some crappie. IT was really windy today but we made a good choice going out. We launched at the ebenezer church ramp and took the short trip over to the bridge by the ramp. there were two boats there when we arrived around noon. we both put night crawlers on and both had a crappie with 5 minutes. I caught another couple on the worms and a couple small perch. the bite seemed to slow so I switched to minnows and that was a great idea. I caught one every time I dropped a minnow down. we stayed for 3 hours before the wind was too much for us. I ended up with 13 between 9-11 inches and my sister caught 4. It was a good day, I would encourage anyone in a kayak looking for some easy crappie fishing, it was only about a 100 yard paddle to the bridge and they were easy to catch. Just fish the bait right off the bottom and wait until they hit. Good luck guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
I've always had better luck with minnows when trying for crappie. Were you using a depth finder to locate the fish?

Sent from my kayak...
You can bring your FF to that bridge, but it wont be able to understand all the junk that's stuck to or below those bridge pillars. Last 2 trips I pulled up a battery cable and a rusted coke can while fishing under the bridge @ jordan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.