NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just wanted to ask a quick question. Has anyone had a lot of luck throwing frog baits in the grass? I'm not sure Lake Jordan is one of those lakes where it works or not. I'm assuming it does but wanted to check in with the other anglers with more experience. Thanks in advance for your help! Happy fishing!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thank you "BGfish"! I appreciate the feedback. I'm fairly new to freshwater fishing, hence the reason for the question.
I think you'd have better success to use some plastic worms or any baits rather than frogs. They are not the easiest to fish. At Jordan using inline spinners is always a good bet because they catch crappie, white bass, largemouth, and hybrids. Buy some Blue Fox inline spinners in white and yellow get sizes 2 & 3 don't buy those cheap Rooster Tails they are no good and will twist up your line! Are you fishing from a boat or bank?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you'd have better success to use some plastic worms or any baits rather than frogs. They are not the easiest to fish. At Jordan using inline spinners is always a good bet because they catch crappie, white bass, largemouth, and hybrids. Buy some Blue Fox inline spinners in white and yellow get sizes 2 & 3 don't buy those cheap Rooster Tails they are no good and will twist up your line! Are you fishing from a boat or bank?
Thanks for the advice! Fishing from a boat. I launch at Robeson Creek boat ramp and mostly fish that section of the lake.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the advice! Fishing from a boat. I launch at Robeson Creek boat ramp and mostly fish that section of the lake.
I've never fished that part of the lake but still spinners and worms will work and live bait always works too. Fish should be back in the creeks feeding up on bait but they won't be for long the water is cooling off faster than you think. Fish hard catch many! Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never fished that part of the lake but still spinners and worms will work and live bait always works too. Fish should be back in the creeks feeding up on bait but they won't be for long the water is cooling off faster than you think. Fish hard catch many! Good luck.
I'll give it a shot! I don't throw spinners much but I have them in the tackle box. Just received some buzz baits and chatter baits from Bass Pro as well. I've always fished the more popular spots, but this weekend I'm going to some spots that aren't as pressured. The very very south end of the lake next to Poe's boat ramp. Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll give it a shot! I don't throw spinners much but I have them in the tackle box. Just received some buzz baits and chatter baits from Bass Pro as well. I've always fished the more popular spots, but this weekend I'm going to some spots that aren't as pressured. The very very south end of the lake next to Poe's boat ramp. Thanks again for your help!
If you know where the Haw River comes into Jordan Lake facing the dam, that area is good for fishing! For reference the boat ramp after you would put in, come down to where the first lake arm is on the left that's Haw River coming into the lake, look to your left for a long point on the left fish that hard, usually lots of fish hanging out there. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts