NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my boat to Jordan this morning for a first seasn ride and throw a few casts. (Caught nothing :rolleyes:) Anyway, the lake looks awesome. I just can't believe the difference between Falls and Jordan. Falls is much closer to me and at $3.50 a gallon for diesel, Jordan is an expensive trip kind of. I've never been on a boat in February in my entire life. I just got back from ice fishing at home in New Hampshire last week and will post a couple pics later. I'm not even sure what to use in winter for open water fishing for bass....:eek:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
There is a good article in this months issue of North Carolina Sportsman magazine about bass fishing at Jordan. I was down there on Wednesday of last week and the lake did look good. February sometimes is tough on Jordan, but with some consistent warm weather things should pick up.
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Hey guys, on warmer days try single spin spinnerbaits with white/charteuse skirts, rattle traps, Rattlin Rogue/Husky Jerk/Rapala X-rap for jerkbaits and let the good times roll. As the waters warm the fish will start heading up the creeks and looking for places to spawn.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
And dont forget, rocks warm up the water so work the rocky shorelines and any other structure that can hold heat from the sun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jordan is lnot only ooking good it is fishing well. Fished it twice last weekend with limits both days. Tight to shore in the fog and then deeper as sun broke through. Will be out there in the am (2 March) seeing if the same pattern is effective!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.