NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got off my morning job super early today and headed out to Jordan Lake to blow off some steam more than anything... I am new to the area but a pretty decent bass fisherman (to be honest I do not know too much tacklewise but I can find fish) so i studied a map and found a parking area next to my desired spot. I didn't think the time of day was going to help much but it was quite overcast which would increase my chances. I went down with some basic gear to scan the area and decided to start throwing a spook around some grass since the sun wasn't too much of a factor. That produced no strikes after about 25 mins so I decided to switch it up and put on a lipless sinking silver crank bait that moved pretty nice on the first cast. Second cast and WHAM!!!!! I knew it was big from how hard it had hit!!! After seeing this beauty come out on a series of about 6 or 7 jumps and a decent little battle later (it was a long cast) I had landed it much to the dismay of the only other guy there that had said earlier he had only caught like 8 or 9 bream all day. Although jealous, I'm sure, he still came running over to check it out and helped me snap this photo on my iPhone. I didn't have a scale or a tape measure but it was over 8 lbs. for sure... And if the guy that was there is on the forum I'm sure he can confirm that. If anyone knows good shore spots with any kind of parking... even if its a hike feel free to message me and share and I'll let you know where I pulled this one from... and 3 other small guys in one hour... Like I said I'm new to the area so any advice would be great on locations for good shore casting opportunities.
Water Smile Plant Noodling Lake

·
Registered
186 Posts
Agreed nice fish but an 8 lber is hard to come by and when you see it you know it's an 8lb fish. Just look at Dannyboys albums that dude wears out some big fish with pics to boot.

In any case welcome to the site, and area. Best advise is to buy a 19.99 rapala scale and you will be VERY surprised what a bass actually weighs. I hooked a really nice one at Badin and me and my partner swore it was 4.5 to 5 lbs and it weighted 3.2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.