NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess im going to drive up to Jordan on saturday morning. Anyone know of a place there on the water to rent a boat? I still havent had a chance to go pick mine up. Im thinking about buying a new tracker to keep here. since I can put it in smaller ponds and lakes.

If anyone has any Ideas,Info.. or is going to be there and doesnt mind if I tag along. Please contact me.

Or I guess if someone is striper fishing I could pay to run with them..Since getting a guide and renting a boat will probably be the same.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
hey rob you can rent boats at crosswinds marina but it is still a little costly crosswinds marina is located on jordan when you cross jordan comming from asheboro on the left side of the bridge. when comming to jordan from asheboro on hwy 64 you will cross the lake and goto the stop light turn left and go about 1/2 mile and the marina is on the left.i know that they still rent boats cause i see them on the lake all the time.just dont know what there rate is now.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I contacted a few boat rental places. for what they want to rent the boat for a half day...and the money for "insurance " I cant go buy a new flatbottom. Ill just bank fish till i get the boat down I reckon.

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
I never really thought of it this way before, but when you rent you start at $150 and you haven't bought the first drop of gas or bait and you probably don't know where you're going on the lake. Sounds OK for pleasure boating but not sure it makes sense for fishing when you can get a guide at $300+/- a day (including boat, gas, bait, tackle, insurance, taxes, licensing, expertise).

It also makes boat ownership look pretty good. I bought my fishing boat new for about $13k, owned it for 7 years, sold for about half what I paid. Got around 250 trips on it. Estimated cost under $50 a trip inclusive (depreciation, gas, taxes, insurance & maintenance). About the same as a round of golf which I gave up in favor of fishing.

I think I got lucky tho - no mechanical issues whatsoever, just some trailer maintenance and a couple tuneups. I also babied it - garage kept (no overt storage costs), freshwater only, stayed out of harm's way, kept it running year round. Anybody else have a cost/trip estimate?

(All these numbers make my kayak look awesome - it feels like it's actually paying me to fish!!)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With any luck Ill be the new boat/atv technician here at the fayetteville gander mnt.
So maybe ill get a good price on a new tracker. I have a 14ft semi-v back in kansas city which i have been planning on driving up to get. But I was hoping that my dad would be getting a new boat this year and I can take his tracker. He gets a new boat every 2 years or so from a marina he fishes for in missouri ( tournyments)

Tadpole( aka jim)
found this and showed it to me yesterday
http://http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/boa/330318673.html
If I had the money I'd all over that. But after getting layed off from my job ive had to use some of my money from savings.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh and I couldnt see paying $300 dollars for a day of fishing. That kinda money I'd take my wife and 2 year old daughter to the zoo or one of the aquariums and spend the day with them.

or fill my tackle box and bank fish or keep bummin rides from tadpole and backlash haha

But I really appreciate all the help. Let me know if one of you guides needs a car woreked on maybe we can barter haha

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
oh and I couldnt see paying $300 dollars for a day of fishing. That kinda money I'd take my wife and 2 year old daughter to the zoo or one of the aquariums and spend the day with them.

or fill my tackle box and bank fish or keep bummin rides from tadpole and backlash haha

But I really appreciate all the help. Let me know if one of you guides needs a car woreked on maybe we can barter haha
For me, paying $300 for a day of fishing is like hiring a golf pro to make me a better golfer. well worth it as the dividend pays off over and over again. Not something I do often but I highly recommend it when fishing a new area, esp. on vacation.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
or 3 buddys boats..

I catch the fish If I can get on the water. Ive got to do a few of the B.A.S.S tournys with my dad and a whole lot of the tournys he fishes in missouri, tenn, kentucky and arkansas ect. just have to hitch a ride or drive 18 hours to kc and pick mine up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.