NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to fish on Jordan Lake and was wondering were the best spots for bass are or were you guys have had the most luck. I fish mostly from the shore though but am willing to hike back pretty far to get to some good spots. I have one or two spots in mind but just looking for some good suggestions. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
I'm not familiar enough with Jordan to make much of a recommendation, but I liked the looks of [-]Robeson Creek area around Hwy 64[/-] - lots of rocks for hopping around & shallow water for wading (when the water is at the right level). Not sure what kind of access is up there. Probably not a big fish area.
edit - I misspoke here - I meant the Haw River area around Hwy 64 with all the rocks, but the back of Robeson creek at the Hanks Chapel bridge looked pretty fishable too.

Found some nice water from the kayak in the back of the Weaver Creek arm, but no idea if you can get back there on foot.

Plenty of Jordan fishermen out here - somebody will have some better ideas...

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Heatmiser
I've got precious little experience -- but what little there has been, I'll share... Two out of two bigger-than-bait-sized bass that I've caught have been in woody cover, the first in about 3' of water and the second in about 6'. The second was during a highly flooded lake, though (crested 8' above normal pool), so I have no idea how badly out of sorts the fish were. The first was in early March of this year, the second mid-to-late April.

Hope it helps
lefty

Reactions: Heatmiser

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
My first thought would to be look at a map for coves that have a creek running into them and start there. Like the other guys the fishing that I have done at Jordan has been by boat and I have know idea if you can get to those areas by foot. However, someone mentioned that they were catching a few fish were 751 crosses one of the creeks on the northeast side.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Ive never been there to fish yet. But you should walk up under the bridges over the water. Use minnows and or crappie jigs cast around the colums When I drive to bigger lakes and dont have a boat. Thats a sure place to catch fish.. esspecially when it hot during the summer, cause its cool and shady.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.