NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the day off today, and by chance, my oldest didnt have school today as well!! So, I wanted to do somethin with him and asked him last night, whatchya want to do tomorrow? He said, go fishin on the docks at Jordan lake. :D So I was more than happy to oblige ;)

So we did our morning thing, drop'd B off at day care, went out for Bfast and then off to the Jordan Lake tackle/bait store to load up on worms and minnows.

Was a bit of a chill in the air, but nice, little windy, we got to the lake at 11:30 and proceeded to see what we could do.

After about an half hour of a couple nibbles, the bite turned on. My boy landed 3 yellow perch back to back... and then proceeded to "coach" me on what I need to do to catch them... :rolleyes: Then my turn came next and bingo, got me a blue gill!! :D When I finally tied him at 4 to 4, my boy kicked it in over drive and landed 5 more fish....:confused::rolleyes::D

Didnt matter if it was worms or minnows.. the fish were very cooperative.
All said an done, we landed probably 20 fish in the short 2 hours we fished, thru all back and had a great time.... (even though Dadda forgot to bring the chairs...):eek:

Had a wonderfull time spending time with my son, as my work schedule has kept us apart the last month or so.. so it was a thrill for me to hear him hoot'n and holler'n on catchin some fish. Like any fisherman.. we made a bet... so I lost the bet according to him as his fish count was higher and he also got the biggest fish (the crappie)... so I had to fess up lunch and a trip to Walmart for the $9 transformer he kept talkin about... ha ha hah ah a....
So word to the wise... dont make bets with 6 yr. olds!!! :eek:

The boy out fished his Dadda yet again.. and he wanted me to make sure I posted his pix for all my fish'n buddies to see.. so here's from our trip to the pond today:

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Good job guys! Glad to see enough water to fish in!!!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Looks like fun. I was going to take the day off with it being a teacher's workday but had to finalize grades. Wish I had taken off now.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Dave, maybe your boy can give my boy some crappie fishing lessons in exchange for some flounder fishing lessons.:D Oh yeah, Bumble Bee is the coolest Transformer.:cool:
I'll ask him Bman... he sure felt compelled to "direct" me! ha hah ahaha..... :)

Yeah,, funny,, I've been hearing ALOT about Bumble Bee lately... I guess he doesnt have that one. We have the movie (Transformers), I've yet to sit down and watch it...

Man, I bet he'd have a blast catchin a flounder! ;) (good eats too, love shrimp and crab stuffed flattie filets!) YUM!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still looks launchable to me. Float it off, and winch it back up, instead of driving it. But thats just me. I've been known to launch my eighteen footer from the bank with my truck in 4 wheel drive.:eek:

They have cones and signs at the top of the ramps.. even if you could they wont let anyone access the ramps. The warning on the signs said that there's a drop off at the end of the ramp, my guess is (if like Harris last year), axles would drop off the end. Probably a good call not to launch.

Carolina rig droppin around the docks there confirmed depth out from the edge of the water out to 15-20 feet was only one to two feet deep before it started to drop off a bit.

Not sure how the other ramps around Jordan would be though. We only saw two boats runnin in the lake the time we were out there and we know they didnt put in where we were at.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
They have cones and signs at the top of the ramps.. even if you could they wont let anyone access the ramps. The warning on the signs said that there's a drop off at the end of the ramp, my guess is (if like Harris last year), axles would drop off the end. Probably a good call not to launch.

Carolina rig droppin around the docks there confirmed depth out from the edge of the water out to 15-20 feet was only one to two feet deep before it started to drop off a bit.

Not sure how the other ramps around Jordan would be though. We only saw two boats runnin in the lake the time we were out there and we know they didnt put in where we were at.
Mine is easy to launch. Barely even get the tires wet. 171/2 foot, will float in six inches, and the fifty on it requires a foot of water to get on plane. Though I am not comfortable running 30kts in a foot of water.:D I will leave the extremely shallow running to the kayak armada.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Being from a trucking family, I have to say my fav was Optimus Prime.. Waiting for the new movie to come from Netflix, havent seen it yet!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know he's got Starscream too... I've step'd on many a transformer in the middle of the night! ha ha hah ah....

Beast Wars Profile: Starscream was one of the only G1 characters to appear on Beast Wars. He possessed the body of Waspinator and joined the Predacons. The files on Starscream were classified so Megatron II didn't know about Starscream's treacherous nature. Starscream used Waspinator's body, but still had his amazing speed and flying skills. He helped the Predacons take over the Maximal base. He was left in charge with Scorponok and Blackarachnia, while Megatron II and the other Predacons returned to their base. Starscream made a deal with the Maximals letting Primal and Dinobot enter the Axalon to use the medical facilities. Starscream then captured Primal and told the Maximals to attack the Predacon base if they ever wanted to see Primal again. Starscream shot Scorponk who was loyal to Megatron II. Primal and Dinobot had tricked Starscream and cornered him and Blackarachnia. Starscream escaped leaving BA by herself, but she managed to escape too. Primal followed Starscream and the two fought. Primal finally pinned Starscream down. Blackarachnia then shot some energon that was under Starscream blowing him away. The Predacons then rebuilt Waspinator and Starscream's ghost (spark) no longer possesed him.

Starscream; Quotes:

"Victory is made of the ashes of one's enemies."
"I, Starscream, am now leader of the Decepticons."
"You are a fool Megatron."
"My time will come."
"You should be honored, you will be the last of survivor of the human race."
"All the danger you can handle is already here, Floptimus Prime!"
"I'm stupid, I'm stupid."
"How quaint. The girls have come to rescue their boyfriends!"
"There's only one way to get the Aerialbots off our tails, and that's to dump the chumps!"
"You'll see, the Decepticons are a swell bunch, and do we have fun!"
"Pathetic fools! There's no escape!"
"How do you feel mighty Megatron?"
"Galvatron was a fool, I deserved to lead."
"I don't want to be a hero."

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.