NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't fish Jordan lake to often and I am not familiar with it this time of year. I will be fishing Warriors on the water this Friday and would really like to be able to get my nonboater on fish for the tournament does any have any tips for Jordan this time of year they are willing to share so I can maybe get on some fish for the tournament?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Maybe I'll be your nonboater and we can just ride around the lake and talk about how we catch fish in other bodies of water. Do you have a wakeboard or waterskis? I'll bring some snacks. LOL!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Sorry, I've only fished there twice and got skunked the first time, only caught 3, 2 keepers and a dink, the other time. Wish I could be more help, but we'll still have fun. Best of luck. And thanks for volunteering your time and boat to take a soldier out fishing, means a lot to us greensuiters.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Crankbaits around the islands in the main part of the lake work well this time of year. (shad color lures) Also working points and secondary points with crankbaits should produce some hits. Back in the day the fish would stack up on an old road bed and take jigging spoons and Carolina rigged worms when the weather warmed up.. might be worth a look. I would have a drop shot ready for a finesse presentation in good looking spots at well. Good luck and thanks for helping out our Vets!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
So Fatbackfisher, how'd you end up doing? My boater and I didn't do so hot, we didn't get skunked but only caught dinks, nothing even close to going in the live well. From what I heard, a variety of techniques worked, although nobody would reveal exactly what they used or where they fished. I fished with everything from buzzbaits, to zarro spook, to jigs to wacky rig worms, to spinner bait, to texas rigged senko to swimbaits to chatterbait, to crankbait, to unweighted lizard to Carolina rig craw, only caught one dink back in a cove in shallow water on a paddle tail swimbait. I have no idea what catches fish apparently. Thanks again for supporting this event.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
All of our fish came on a pop-r and a swim jig. We weighed in 4 fish for 11-2. Lost 3 keeper fish right off the bat and my soldier had one break off, had the bites to put us close to the top 20 but couldnt capitalize. My soldier was about as green as could be when it came to bass fishing. In the excitement of seeing a 3 lber and trying to net it, he knocked one of my rods in the water. He ended up swimming for it. After a few minutes of him looking I had the idea to open the hooks on my culling beam and tie it on a rod and drag the bottom, I got it the first try, guess I used all my luck for the day right then. I got to meet Hank Parker at the Icebreaker and thanked him at the weigh in for coming. NCAngler's own Lewisfishing did a great job singing the national anthem. Grateful for Hal and all the voluteers and sponsors that make Warriors on the Water the event that it is.

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
I finished with 14-2...abut 21st place in the WOW and caught my limit fairly early with super flukes. I upgraded by flipping a Vertical Lures Tube-X around shallow trees.

Was a great tourney and had a great co-angler...SFC Justin Barker. Singing our anthem was an honor, which I was able to repeat the following Sunday at a Kannapolis Intimidators game. I do like singing that song!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I couldn't really ever get on anything my nonboater caught a 2lber, it was the first time he had caught a fish in the tournament and his 3rd time fishing it so that was a win in my book. I never ended up catching anything but I have never really had good luck on Jordan so I honestly expected as much.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Guess I was using the wrong color super fluke cause I gave it a try after seeing a couple bait fish near the boat. Friend of mine told me his angler was catching them on white. Thank you to all the boaters for supporting this event, it really does mean a lot to your co-angler, whether they expressed it to you or not. Great job on the anthem lewisfishing.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I couldn't really ever get on anything my nonboater caught a 2lber, it was the first time he had caught a fish in the tournament and his 3rd time fishing it so that was a win in my book. I never ended up catching anything but I have never really had good luck on Jordan so I honestly expected as much.
I think I have the same luck as you on that lake, and Shearon Harris, and at the coast in salt water, so pretty much where ever there is water.

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
I thought I posted this last night but I dont see it...hahaha!

I was fishing with albino color flukes, letting them sink til they went out of sight before giving a couple quick twitches again. My co angler loves the fluke now and had a couple of the fish we weighed in.

We had our limit by 10 or so and I was able to upgrade with a Vertical Lures Tube-X. I flipped this in shallow trees near the points.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.