NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Jordan today from 8 to 2. Kind of an odd weather day, sunny one minute, heavy overcast the next with a few sprinkles thrown in for fun. Wind also came and went shifting directions. I texted my brother earlier in the week and asked if he wanted to go as I knew the footballs would be chewing pretty good, never heard back... mistake on his part. I ended up having a great day chunking and winding my crankbaits also missed a jig fish. I boated 12 fish, everyone of them plump as could be, my smallest was probably 2.5 lbs, with 2 in the 5-6 lb range, one about 4 and a bunch of 3 lb fish. Id estimate my best 5 for the day in the low 20s. Quit early to enjoy some family time and a fantastic thanksgiving meal.

Water Boat Vertebrate Watercraft Vehicle

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
Now that's an excellent day of bass fishing. Catch a bunch of pigs, then home for a Thanksgiving meal. Awesome. Nice job.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
The thing I like about Harris is alot of fishermen and waterskiers go there so they arent at Jordan:).
Fishermen I agree with you. I don't see near as many water skiers at Harris in the summer as I do at Jordan though (neither has very many right now :D). IME, Jordan has more room for skiers and most of them concentrate in sight of the 64 bridge so they usually aren't too much of a problem. Nice day at Jordan!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Made it up to Jordan yesterday afternoon. Caught a weigh in at Poe's ramp, weigh in was at 3:00. Only took 11 pounds to win, 9 for second, and 4 for big fish. Not sure what tourney that was. Was looking for Neil to be there!!!!
We ended up with close to that with in sight of the ramp before dark. Caught them all on crankbaits this time.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I almost fished that tournament. I started feeling a bit under the weather Saturday and wasnt sure what I would be like by Sunday so decided to sit it out so I wouldnt feel like I "had " to be out there if I decided I wanted to cut the day short. Believe it or not by 1 PM sunday I had only put one fish in the boat, between 1 and 3 I started getting bit and boated around 10-12 fish with 15 lbs in my best 5.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Nicely done. They all seem to be pretty fat right now, but the fish still seem to be pretty active. I did some river fishing on the Cape Fear last weekend. They were stacked up on the ledges near steep drop-offs around the banks. Me and a buddy caught 34 in about 4 1/2 hours. All but a couple were on spinners though. 2.5 lb average. They weren't showing much love on the cranks but did catch one 3.5 lber on a Red Eye Shad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.