NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Had an over at 5.62 lbs and 2 unders. Took just over 20 to win our club tx, another club was 23 lbs. Must have been 6 or 7 tournaments today. I saw 4 sets of scales at Merry Oaks and another club wasnt due in til 4. Hollemans looked pretty full when I drove by there mid day. From what I hear a spinnerbait did wonders in the back of 2 creeks, everywhere else it was kind of tough.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Had an over at 5.62 lbs and 2 unders. Took just over 20 to win our club tx, another club was 23 lbs. Must have been 6 or 7 tournaments today. I saw 4 sets of scales at Merry Oaks and another club wasnt due in til 4. Hollemans looked pretty full when I drove by there mid day. From what I hear a spinnerbait did wonders in the back of 2 creeks, everywhere else it was kind of tough.
Yea, was hearing spinnerbaits in the back of the creeks too. Creeks was way too far and wrong side of lake for my boat. Good job on your catch!!!

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
If I remember right, the temp gauges the corps uses to show lake temp are down a few feet in the water column, where as most of us are measuring surface temp, that could be why the varience. That and depending on where you are on the lake temps can vary.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I read 62 at one point in Wilson but I was practically in the swamp paddling up a side cove. Main lake mostly 56. Very windy; tough fishing. So are you reading through your hull? I know you were working on that.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I think it does but we had a tough day. I lost a fish (crappie) right at the boat and that was it. Other two boaters with me got one each - one got a crappie, the other a bass. The wind was crazy bad on the lake and the creeks was running muddy. A local I spoke with as he was leaving early blamed the mud more than the wind. I paddled back into the swamp and saw lot of minnows rippling around the grass and a few boils in there but in holes I couldn't get to. Yes on potential but wish I had hit it on a better day. Picture was in a really small cove which is why it looks calm and has 60 degree water...
Water Plant community Lake Sky Fluvial landforms of streams

·
Registered
360 Posts
In the water. I gave up on the thru-the-hull and just built a little arm to hook it over the side, worked great. This was the Northeast Creek end of Jordan. Saw fish jumping and on the finder but couldn't get a bite. As we were leaving about 2pm, a large flock of birds was chasing a school of fish north.

I salvaged my day with a quick stop at a small pond. 4 bass about a pound each. Whew.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Nice recovery; I thought about hitting my neighborhood pond to make me feel like I knew what I was doing, but I was beat. The wind in the open water was just crazy.

I am thinking I need to make an arm also. Used the suction cup and it stayed on pretty good but came off a few times. I definitely became convinced I want it in the water. I found 62 degree water deep in a small cove while it was 56 in the main lake. While nothing seemed to help yesterday, this was every bit as important as the depth and activity.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.