NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fishing has been real good for stripers this month.most of them were from the 6 to 14 lb range.they could be caught trolling bucktails on leadcore or downriggers..these fish are alot of fun and really put up a fight..i will post some pictures on here soon of some i've caught but i will be the first to say this lake has some really big fish in it

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Thanks for posting this striperjunkie and I would love to see some photos. You can attach them to your post and/or post them in the "Fishing Photos" gallery. I have a charter lined up for early November to learn how to Striper fish at Jordan. Really looking forward to it! ;)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you know i just cant figure why someone would pay to fish jordan lake when you could go on my boat for free anyday that im going..that lake is not hard to fish and you got a good chance to catch a bunch of fish i will post some pic on here in a little bit..

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
I like to find a good charter captain that knows a particular species and an area and learning from them. I've never fished for stripers before, and most of my fishing the past few years has been saltwater. So I figured I'd get started right with striper fishing and go with a local pro. Striper-Sniper was an excellent guide and someone I would gladly pay again to fish with. First-class. I think I've got the perfect boat setup for striper fishing with my 21' center console. Got downriggers, outriggers, etc. I need to get some fish in the freezer soon! :)

I'd love to join you out there sometime though. Looking forward to those pics.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
note all this is on the back of a 18ft. seapro boat..but if you were wondering i run 4 downriggers and 4 leadcore rods all at the same time..what a blast to have all the rods go off at the same time..mide you this has happened a couple times this year..

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
most all of us use bucktails..but i have been known to pull some small stick baits or some swim shad..but the most productive way is to pull bucktails with plastic trailers..alot of the fish have been caught lately on white bucktails with white worms..but when you hit a bunch of fish they hit everything you got in the water it really doesnt matter..also most of the fish stay in the water colum at about 10 to 15ft.deep..that is where we catch most of the fish..

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
I was over at Jordan a few weeks ago pulling the kids on skis and when they were swimming I was watching the fish finder. I couldn't believe the balls of bait and schools of fish I was tracking. That is when I decided it was time to try Striper fishing! :) Like you said, they were mostly in 10-15 feet of water.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.