NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
3 weeks back,, water was still pretty low and a couple of the ramps were closed (cones and signs posted).

Some ramps open though...

We caught crappie, yellow perch, blue gills... got too windy and cold that afternoon so we didnt stay long.

Couple boats were out and about runnin the lake.

I guess water level is still down pretty good, fish would probably be in deeper water.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Whoo.. if Randy went today.. he probably had his hands full with the weather... I'd be suprised if he went....
He went! :eek: And so did Jeff and Mike :) We went with Troy (Striper Sniper). It was cold and wet and breezy. We marked lots of Stripers but they were not interested one bit in our offerings :mad: Finally called it a day around noon.

Enjoyed the company but hope for better weather next time :D

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I'd definately get a lake chart/map and look for what now would be considered obstruction areas. Water level down 8-10 ft... it's definately taking a risk.

Shallow draft boats not too much problems, but you have to "know" the lake to know what not to hit and what the water depth will be in some areas.

From the main channel shouldnt be too much a problem at all and crappie around the bridges is usually the normal spots (there at Ebenezer and the 64 bridge).

River should be easy running (usually some deep water normally between 30-50 ft at full pool in spots)... just watch for quick rising shoaling on the edges and in the turns.

Up in the creeks is where you'd need to pay attention and also at the stump field to the north of 64 bridge.

Give a extra wide berth to the danger bouys ;)

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
He went! :eek: And so did Jeff and Mike :) We went with Troy (Striper Sniper). It was cold and wet and breezy. We marked lots of Stripers but they were not interested one bit in our offerings :mad: Finally called it a day around noon.

Enjoyed the company but hope for better weather next time :D
WHAT? no pictures/report!!! :mad::(
That was the report. :D;)

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
WHAT? no pictures/report!!! :mad::(
I managed one pic, during a lull in the "action" (=rain), which was pretty heroic given the amount of water and wind seeping through my rain gear and the lack of feeling in my fingers.

My tip is, "if the sky looks like this, stay home!"...

We had as good a time as could be had under the circumstances, and gave plenty of thanks for the rain. Looking forward to doing it again one day... (Troy suggested June!)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
WHAT?? Not even half a fish.:) or a timber trout.
Nope. A couple of shad came back up half gnawed. Catfish were blamed but it could have just been some shad slap-fighting going on down there among our lines.

There was also one small LM that came back up in the cast net while Troy was getting bait. I had the urge to get a pic, as that was the first sportfish I've seen on Jordan Lake proper (not counting weaver creek). But I was shamed into inaction by some comments about how much he looked like the fish I already catch (ouch!).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.