NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going out to Jordan tomorrow with some of the family. Got my little nephew who's too young to fish so we will be hanging around Seaforth Recreation Area. Plan on bringing a couple poles with me in hopes of catching some LMB. Any suggestion's on bank fishing in that vicinity? What colors work well in that lake? Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have caught fish at this point (click) before with a dark purple T rigged worm. Take a small beetle spin and you may be able to hook something within the youngster's attention span just outside the buoys.

EDIT - I have not been there in maybe 3 years.
He's almost to that point! High strung 4 yr old. maybe I'll pick up some worms and let it float around for him. I know once he catches his first fish....he will want to catch more :D. That point you showed me looks good, but have you ever fished the one underneath it toward more open water? Looks like there's a nice shelf on each side. I am a finesse fisher and will be running LOTS of plastics. It's about time though I step my game up. Left a lot of stuff behind in Cali when I moved out.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Take a look at this page:
http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp

you will have to keep double clicking to zoom in; they don't let you set up zoomed in links because they really want to sell you their maps. Anyway, when you get dialed in on those points you will see how shallow it is around there. There is a drop that is reachable at the top point, though if memory serves correctly I think I had to wade a little. It's not easy to just walk around everywhere or to get at the water at all points. There also is a trail from the other side of the beach parking lot that goes to the other side of the point, passing some little ponds along the way. That could be a fun adventure for a 4 yo. I think they stocked those ponds with panfish. My kids are now teens and not as interested in these outings as they used to be, which is why my info is slightly dated. I doubt it has changed much if any.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's an awesome site!!!!! Thanks. That helps extremely!

·
Registered
194 Posts
4 yrs is a good age to start. My boy started fishing late in his 2s and enjoyed it. He ask me to go fishing all the time. Worms and some bream keep him smiling. He wont touch the fish tho...maybe soon hes 3.5 now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4 yrs is a good age to start. My boy started fishing late in his 2s and enjoyed it. He ask me to go fishing all the time. Worms and some bream keep him smiling. He wont touch the fish tho...maybe soon hes 3.5 now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Yea we went to Jordan that day with some extra crickets for our frogs I caught him. I seen a school busting water so I lined up the bobber with the bait. Casted out and the bream were biting! I set the hook for him on the first 2, but I casted out a third time on the last cricket.....he took the pole from me, set the hook, and reeled it in himself. Kids a natural. Been wanting to go fishing since. Got him his own pole on Saturday and took him to a local pond with worms. Still cant cast but he sets the hook alright! I love it. I think this pic is of a crappie. good size...... CAM01240.jpg

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Awesome job dad!

That would be a green sunfish they get big apparently!

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts