NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched for some threads but could'nt find any. Monday night will be my first time at Jordan, my friend who has been there before say's the ramps are pretty steep and with the low water might be kinda iffy. My concern is pulling my boat(17' ranger) out with a small pick-up(4 banger 5 speed) any advice would help. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
The steepest ramp is probably Ebenezer. Vista point is pretty easy to load in/out.
Poe's is very low, but folks have been launching john boats and some bass boats
New Hope I believe is closed... not sure of the ramps on the north end or at the Marina.

·
Registered
130 Posts
We put in 17 aluminum bass boat at Fearrington last week no problem about 4 guys waiting at 6 am for a guinea pig I bit no trouble but be real careful found one guy down near the standing trees before you get to the marina grinding stumps with his prop

·
Registered
56 Posts
Make sure you have breaks no and truck in gear. Best to chock rear wheel and have someone pull it when you get ready to pull out. Give it gas and make sure you have your boat locked down good. Don't stop till your on level ground. Get out smoke'm if you got'm. Thank the good lord you didn't go swimming like I did with my 4 banger and 17'er. Wife said we need better truck and next day we had one.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank's guys after hard thought I decided not to take the chance on ruining the hull on a stump or rolling back way to far trying to pull out. I'm assuming at normal level the ramps are not to steep. Taking my bud's jon boat(better his than mine) pretty excided to see what Jordan has to ofter, given the weather. Let you know.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally made to Jordan last night for the first time. I'm so glade I did'nt take my boat we launched from Ebenezer WOW no way I could have pulled my boat out at that launch. Headed to the bridge just left of the launch and set up camp underneath for about 6 hours killed the crappie, landed a 5.5 lb bass on cut bait for cat's. My friend landed 4 cats(blue?) @ 14-18 lbs. on some 7" chubbs. Broke my line 10lb a couple of times I should have listened to him when he said bring some heavy line. I can say I am very impressed with the lake any advice on the cats for fall fishing?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Keith, I'm thinking that over to your right of Ebenever's steep ramps is a long nearly flat ramp.It's in the right cornor of the parking lot. I've used it before and it;s a long back-up to get the boat in, but it's not steep at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.