NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm up from Florida visiting family for the holidays (until Wednesday) and would like to link up with any kayak fisherman fishing in the Raleigh-Durham area today, Saturday, Sunday, or Tuesday. I've got all my own gear, boat, etc. Any suggestions as to where to go, launch, or techniques would be helpful. I fish conventional or fly! Hope to hear from you and thanks for the help!

Thanks again,

David

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I'm sure you'll get a "bite" on that one... If not you can try the hwy 50 areas of Falls Lake. Or make the short drive to Lake Jordan. Wildlife ramps are always open and there are also some spots where you can just slide in your Yak. I'm not a yakker myself but alot of the guys here are.. Happy Holidays!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I am thinking about fishing Saturday morning Say about 6:30/7:00 am time frame up at Jordan. The south end off of pearidge road. Be more the glad to meet up with you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Big Osh,

Is there a landmark or particular boat ramp you launch from? I see there is a boat ramp called Ebenezer off Pea Ridge Road? Looks like it is on the North side of the Pea Ridge road bridge. I'll plan on being there unless you call me to redirect. Look forward to meeting you!

David

·
Registered
267 Posts
The boat launch that I go to is actually on bear creek road. You can pull it up on google maps. Type these in and it should bring it up 35 41' 43.77" N 79 01' 12.06 W. It is a fairly big boat ramp.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I hope that helps you out. I am not sure the name of the boat ramp. There is two area's to put in at. One of which is to right as you pull into the parking lot and another which is straight ahead. I put in to the right. I should be there around 7:00. I live here in Fayetteville, so it takes me about an hour to get there.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Was glad that I got to meet up with you. I will look you up this summer. Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy new Year. I will let you know if things look good for getting together again this week.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Glad you guys made it out. Be sure to speak up if you want to try something again later this week -- I'm booked Monday (of course) but have some room later in the week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.