NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well there was a few stripers caught this past saturday in all the wind.i presonally caught 4 ranging from 4.5 to 9.5 lbs .the only bad thing was the wind by 10:30 am it was blowing a good 20 straight out of the west. by the time i came to the boat ramp at 3 pm the ramp at ebenezer was looking at good 3 to 4 ft swells and im in my 18 ft seapro.well talk about a fun ride it really was.all in all had a fairly good time on the water. by the way i was trolling bucktails all day long. there were a few fish caught on live bait but it was still a slow day on the water.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've been on that lake in slop like that, it is not fun. Everyone thinks cause it's an inland lake it stays flat.....not!
It can get rough in a hurry! Glad you caught fish though!

BTW - What were the water temps? We were there crappie fishing the weekend before and marked 52-55° in the main lake body.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
most of the area where we were at was around the same as what you were seeing most of the area was around the high 50 to low 60 on up during the day.if the weather stays really nice this week i think it will be up into the 60's before the weekend

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not really i mainly do striper fishing on the water but i have caught some from the boat before and 2 good places you could try is just below ebenezer boat ramp on the same road once you cross the bridge goto the corner of the cove across from the boat ramp there is a fish reef in the corner and it is marked with a bouy another place is at the boat dock on the white oak creek.this is a public dock and usually some good crappie fishing there and maybe some catfish too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.