NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am new to the area and I am primarily wondering what are the rules about juggin around here. I am from up in Illinois and up there it's pretty much you just get you a cleaned up 1qt oil container and go to town. And of coarse put your name and address and stuff on it. I have tried to look and see what the rule book said about it on nc webpage but not much help it was just a little to vauge.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Other than suggesting you use 1/2 gal milk jugs instead of oil containers, I dont' think there is much for rules on jugin'. I know for bank lines they have to be attached to something be marked with a marker of some sort.

Where are you at?

rye

·
Registered
574 Posts
Check out this thread http://www.ncangler.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4680#post4680

Seabiscuit and I are planning to go juggin' in the near future. I spoke with the NC Wildlife Resource Commission (NCWRC) about regs for jugs. Because I had the same problem. The number in Raleigh is (919) 707-0030 if you want to call, but this is what I was told.
  • Jugging is legal
  • You must have a current Freshwater license
  • The jugs cannot be made of glass or metal
  • The jugs must have a name, "local" address, and "local" phone number
  • The jugs must be tended at least once per day.
I would suggest finding out who your local enforcement officer is and make sure there is not any "local" restrictions the guy for Carteret County is Edgar Morton (252) 393-2559.

Last piece of advice, think noodle! (See the thread mentioned above)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i saw that thread the other day and it is a pretty good idea. I will have to try it later in the summer when i have more time to mess around with that kind of stuff. Rye i am out of edenton nc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.