NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
July Fontana Report Have been on the water almost every day. You had better get there early if you want to put fish in the boat. The fish are eating good early, we have been trolling with spoons, using some of the UV Krocks and the old reliable Rapala's. You can get them on the surface down to 50-60 feet with a bunch at 40-45. Have had trout almost every day, some walleye, spots and quite a few smallies. Have only caught a few whites which tells me I am not on the eyes like I would like. Still throwing up 3/4 inch shad though they seem to be a little larger. Not as much surface action as I would like to see either, usually catch half our fish throwing to breaks, but not much of that. Hope they pick up that but everyone is taking a siesta about 9:30 to 10 so better get them before that or you could be in for a long day. Later Capt. James

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most run about 16 inches some a little more and some a little less. Just haven't found many yet and when I have they don't want to eat much, but have caught more trout this year than usual.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You are so right. In fact, this morning I over slept so I didn't go. I don't usually have to set the clock to get up early but I missed this time. Only been getting 2-3 walleye a trip and all of them early.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts