NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the kind of guy that never throws anything away. Well, hardly ever.

I have several rods and reels which were the cheapy kind to begin with. There is something wrong with each of them but not worth it to me to fix or have repaired so I was wondering what to do with them. Trash? Recycle? Donate? Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
use as paper weights.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I know the feeling, I got a bunch of Ugly Stiks from my earlier days sitting around. They are too nice to put in the trash and too low priced for someone to buy them used. If anyone is interested make an offer, got originals and Lites.

As far as the cheapos go, you could probably fix them for pretty cheap and give them away. Take them when you go fishing and if you see a kid fishing, I am sure he would gladly take it off your hands.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I used to hate to part with some things. Eventually you wind up hauling it to the dump anyway after it's been in your way for the last 10 years.
Unless I'm willing to sit down right then and fix it I'm better off throwing it in the trash.
If I can't fix it like it needs to be fixed, I am going to throw it in the trash.

·
Red X Angler
11,228 Posts
donate, Doug bring them to me next time we wind up at the same place. I will see if I can get them working/repaired for the Rods for a Reel change program.

Darrell

1 - 6 of 6 Posts