NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From the N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries:

[FONT=&quot]The 2020 recreational flounder season begins Aug. 16 and ends Sept. 30. The minimum size limit will remain at 15 inches total length and the creel limit will remain at four fish per person per day in internal and ocean waters of the state.

[/FONT]
http://portal.ncdenr.org/web/mf/2020-recreational-flounder-season-announced

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hard to believe it's been over 2 years since I originally posted this. Covid came and "gone"? I guess we'll see.

Anyway, as most of you are aware, NC flounder season opened on Sept 1. Last week I was out East fishing for reds and was lucky to land my 1 flounder daily limit with this 5 pounder. Fantastic meal and 2 more servings in the freezer.

Let's see those flounder guys.Catch um and post um.

Food Halibut Fish Flatfish Flounder

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Hard to believe it's been over 2 years since I originally posted this. Covid came and "gone"? I guess we'll see.

Anyway, as most of you are aware, NC flounder season opened on Sept 1. Last week I was out East fishing for reds and was lucky to land my 1 flounder daily limit with this 5 pounder. Fantastic meal and 2 more servings in the freezer.

Let's see those flounder guys.Catch um and post um.

View attachment 219604
That thing is huge...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Caught him on a Zman MinnowZ after giving up 6 Gulp tails.

Come on guys & gals, let's see some flounder pics. You don't have to give up your secret spot - unless of course you feel obligated to do so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I stay and fish Hatteras the whole month of October. Flounder fishing is closed; while anyone with a commercial license is allowed to rape the hell out of flounder of all sizes and everything else setting nets in and out of the canals and sound. But of course the depletion of fish is the fishing man’s fault. I get so sick of the BS.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for sharing Papa-t.

I shouldn't touch this with a 10' rod...

A delicate topic with opposing views. I am a recreational fisherman. Mostly catch and release. Occasionally I will keep a few because I do love eating fresh fish.

I fish a variety of costal NC and often in areas with predominantly commercial fisherman. I appreciate that they are trying to make a living and a tough one at that. That said, do I have an opinion on inshore trawling? I do.

I'm done. I'm trying to make fishing friends, not enemies. Frankly, I wish there were enough fish for everyone.

I just wanted to see pics of flounder.
Peace

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea I understand. All I’m saying is the recreational fisherman have to pay for the so called depletion. We’re not allowed to keep flounder so it should be closed during that period for everyone. However the commercial industry pads the pockets of the ones making the laws. So, we’re just screwed without even a reach around. Lol Sad but true!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Yea I understand. All I’m saying is the recreational fisherman have to pay for the so called depletion. We’re not allowed to keep flounder so it should be closed during that period for everyone. However the commercial industry pads the pockets of the ones making the laws. So, we’re just screwed without even a reach around. Lol Sad but true!
Your line at the end about says it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts