NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a boat from a guy at work. 15foot john boat witha 25hp Evenrude and trailer.

Well when he got the boat he never transfered anything into his name.

Now he told me that he would work with a girl he knows that is a notary and take care of everything. Well he's dragging his feet and I have a boat I can't use.

Any ideas? Anyone who I can call to get some paperwork?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I suppose it is too late too get your money back? If you can get your money back do so and never step into that trap again. I would reccomend backing out of the deal if you can recover the majority of your investment . A lot of times the money is all gone by this point but I would force the issue and see if there were anything else to trade on to recoup my money. I know no legal way out of this situation but you might check on getting a mechanics lien to get a valid title. I'm not sure about how this would pan out though. Good luck. I've been there and lost, not a lot, but enough to learn to never give some one money without the paperwork being all there and inspected. For those of you who have never fallen into this trap, you really don't want to take somebody's word that they will get you the paperwork later. Even with someone who is straight up your odds are probably only 50-50.:(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, paperwork is all taken care of!!!!

It took awhile but we got it all worked out. I am thinking now he wasn't stalling, just is very busy at work. We work at a school bus manufacturing plant and we are getting as many buses done as we can for the new school year.

If anyone else has questions, just go to www.ncwildlife.org and look for the boating section. There is a step-by-step process right on there for either buying a new or used boat.

Now I can hardly wait to use it! We get next week off (Aug. 15-19) so I'll be out there at least twice, depends on the boss (wife).

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I am glad to here it worked out. My expierence wasn't quite as good. Eventually got it worked out without nobody getting too upset but at best nobody was happy either. I hope you enjoy every minute of being on the water. Stay safe and tightlines. AL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.