NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I stopped by Paddle Creek to check out the used inventory. Ended up leaving with an almost yellow Manta Ray 14 on top of the car. I say almost because it has some blue fleck in it- not intentionally. That makes it a blem, so I got a decent price on it.

For those thinking about buying from the used fleet, they look to be in decent shape. They are sitting outside right now, but that isn't the worst thing in the world. They won't budge on early shopping, but if you know what you want and can't be there Sat. morning, they will take a phone order, starting Sat. at 9 am.

Anyone for the coast Saturday???;)

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Welcome to the Manta Ray family, Scott!

Is it accessorized already? I've got a couple of things I'd have preferred to do otherwise...

I can't make the coast this weekend... If I play my cards right, I might be able to do early next week...

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Have to say...I was looking for a big old stick.:D

Reactions: Dave B.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did take it out on Beaver Dam Sat. before last and trolled to no avail. It is certainly more comfortable than the old jalopy. It is also easier to handle out of the water- lighter and design wise. I installed 2 in-hull rod holders and one Scotty on the center console as well- pretty much as yours is. Made sure tyo leave some room for addition of electronics later. The paddling seemed a little harder- didn't track as well and not as fast. Just going to take some adjustment time. Might go to the coast this weekend with my 12 year old and 2 yaks. That will be an exercise in patience building!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.