NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and can see that it can provide a wealth of information. I love to fish "The Point" in Buxton but have got to find more local spots here in the mountains to treat the "withdrawls" between trips. Also look forward to seeing and sharing some good pics of the two things I enjoy most.... fishing and fotoing.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Welcome snapshot48! Glad you found us. We have a few members on board from the mountain region. If your photo skills are represented by your avatar image we look forward to your posting pictures in our photo gallery! Beautiful image. Again welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome Snapshot, I'm just down the road in Asheville and do quite a bit of flyfishing the local streams also I just picked up a 18ft center console so I will be playing on the lakes, happy to hook up and maybe introduce you to some folks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome and the birthday wishes. I have been on Lake James a couple of times (no luck) and know Fontana pretty well. I've got a 14' metal flat bottom with a 25 HP Johnson that gets us on the rocks in the Tennesee River on Fontana. Nice Smallmouth, Walleye and Trout. Usually try to camp on the banks at least a couple times during the year. My office in on Hwy 70 in Swannanoa, Recovery Ventures Corp right at the KOA camp ground. Stop by or give me a call 828-686-0354. Maybe we can grab lunch one day. Dave

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Good work there. Just checked out your site. As a teacher it is sad to see the young people I deal with (some) go down this path. I'm glad there are those like you who help them go back to being a normal part of society. Thanks for the effort.

Reactions: snapshot48

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wasn't sure about the Birthday???? Mine was a month ago but what the heck... Happy Birthday Wellcraft Dave. Thanks also for the support of our program. When the guys, (and ladies) come to us they are here for 2 years and learn how to live without the drugs or alcohol. We work hard and also have a lot of fun as well. We took a group to Hatteras in January to fish the point. Nothing but skate and dogsharks until the last day. They fell into a hole full of Black Drum and had a blast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.