NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just signed on to this forum. I actually just moved into Frankinton and was wonering if anyone knew of a place to launch a small boat in the Tar River in Franklin County. Looks promising. I love to fish small rivers. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Ya might try calling NC Wildlife commission and ask for the fisheries biologist for Franklin county. I talked to the Chatham Co. guy once about fishing spots on Jordan... These guys are probably work-at-home folks, you may have to leave a message and wait a day or two, but the guy I talked to was able to answer my questions right away when he called me back.

Hope it helps

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I just moved AWAY from Franklinton 2 yrs ago.. Parent are still there...
I don't know of any real access to the river with a boat around there. Water goes from flood to ankle deep in a matter of days so most don't mess with it until you get below Bunn. Sledges Bridge rd in Bunn has a slick bank and I've seen kayaks and john boats carried in there.
Your very near Falls Lake and so close to Kerr also that you might want to stick to them. I fished the Beaver Dam area ( off New Light rd and also Hwy 50) of Falls alot and I love it because it is Gas motor prohibited so you dont feel like your gonna get swamped by big boats and overrun with skiers and jetskis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.