NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Just looking to get involved with the forum and get some advice or give advice when i can.
I am in the process/ very interested in kayak fishing. I've never been kayak fishing, I will hopefully be getting a free kayak from a family member that hasn't used the yak in a long time. So if any one in the CB/ Leland area does a lot of yak fishing, It would be great to get in contact with people and learn what i can from experienced people. I fish at snows cut a lot and at the rocks at Fort fisher (the basin). and sutton lake/lock n dam # 1 before construction. Possibly looking to do some kayak camping as well.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Welcome! I fish those areas from a boat now, but see kayaks all the time. You're definitely hitting the right areas out of Federal Point & Snows Cut. Both areas offer some great fishing opportunities. As Topsail Angler said, there are a lot of yak guys on here and I know some fish that area regularly. You've come to the right place!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks every one, great to be on this forum. from what I have had luck with at federal point is red drum.. and a few small flounder.. I use to do a lot of flounder giging in sneeds fairy. got a 9.5 lbs flounder 22" long thought it was a skate at first. got it at sunrise in the grass beds. court house bay is a great place to flounder gig....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.