NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Hobie Pro Angler and I just moved to Tarobor, NC from Stockton, MO. I've read some good things about the crappie in the Tar Reservoir, and it's only about 30 minutes away, so I guess I'll start there.

hobie-pro.jpg

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
What Swampin said, I don't know much about that area, but there are plenty here that do. If you ever need anything from the edge of the mountains let me know.

Darrell

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome. I lived in Tarboro about 4 years ago. That was before they built McDonalds. LOL There is good fishing in the Reservior. They will stack up in the channel under the bridge in hot or cold weather. I used to go from Sappony creek in my little Dagger yak. There is one guy who I watched catch 40 to my 0 and he was using a small jig he tied. 16 to 32nd weight with hair coming off the back in all sorts of crazy colors. Used 2 to 4 pound line and just flipped this jig out and let it sink. The trick was to watch the line because it would twitch when the crappie sucked in the little minnow. then just lift up. I got a few and managed to catch a good bit of Crappie there with them. the worked good on perch, or just about anything there; caught a few bass and a 3 lb cat fish on them in the reservior.
Even caught a small stripper on one fishing in lake Hickory he muumuus' have been from around there and just got lost. LOL
Well good luck and great fishing.
Watch out for the guy who drives around and fogs for the nats and other blood suckers. Oh and the NC symphony does a concert each year in the square. Lots of fun.
Todd

·
Registered
507 Posts
Welcome to NC and to NCAngler. Let us know how it turns out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts