NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

After months and months of working on my wife and looking for a good deal, I finally was able to pick up a brand new Hobie Revolution Fish for a wicked low price at Tarhell F&G. I absolutely cannot wait to try it out, and may even decide to brave the 50 knot gusts today. I also picked up an Eagle FF, and am interested in any advice on installation. This is my first kayak ever, so I imagine I'll be soliciting alot of advice...

As soon as I can get it out on the water I'll post some pics.

Johnny

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Yup, lots of choices for how to mount stuff. I used the pretty much the same references that Straps and Jeffo mentioned, for my fishfinder. I just glued the transducer inside the hull. Since you've got a rudder, though, you might give some thought to using that assembly to hold the transducer... check out this thread for one idea...

Transducer mount - Not the usual. - Topic By Kayak Fishing Stuff

Of course, I have no rudder, so I haven't tried it, can't vouch for it...

Reactions: Johnnyboy

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Good deal now get it slimy!

Reactions: Johnnyboy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, so I couldn't resist taking it out yesterday, even amidst the insane winds. I was pretty sure I was gonna take a swim, but this things handled the weather impressively. I can't wait to get some fish in this yak. For now this is the only minnow I've managed to land in it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.