NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Johnston co. and catching hand size crappie and larger on live minnows and few bass a 1lb-2lb also on minnows in small ponds. Looking different places to go around Johnston co.! My wife & I have fished Jolly Roger pier at Topsail Jan.06 and caught nothing but sharks 10lbs and less.That's it for starters! Good evening.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Ten-pound sharks... wow, I wish I could get a day that bad... :rolleyes: My biggest shark was pushing ten INCHES.

Welcome aboard!
Lefty

Reactions: Bass Hunter

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Welcome Bass Hunter to NCangler.com! There are some great private ponds in Johnston County. Caught a 7lb. 13oz. bass a few years back over there while fishing with my grandfather. A great memory. We look forward to your participation. :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome aboard, Bass hunter. I don't know how the shark taste from Topsail beach, but I know they have the best Oysters in the whole world!! Thanks to Topsail angler.

Reactions: Topsail Angler

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Welcome aboard. Hope to see reports from ya in the future.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard Bass Hunter. I used to fish a number of ponds in Johnston county. As for those sharks they were probaby spiny dogfish and very good to eat. Just take it easy on them as it take 11 yrs or more to mature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.